Microsoft has released an update for System Center Configuration Manger and Endpoint Protection that boasts comprehensive support for Windows 10 management and deployment. The new update has a few standout features, one of which is the ability to speed up the upgrade time from older Windows operating systems to Windows 10.
In a blog post by Microsoft, the vendor listed out the new features in its update for System Center Configuration Manager aimed at making life easier for IT teams managing Windows 10 in the enterprise:
- The "in place upgrade" feature can move systems from Windows 7,8 or 8.1 directly to Windows 10 much faster than before. IT staff in an organisation can make Windows 10 devices enterprise-ready with provisioning packages and profiles.
- New configurable deployment rings and servicing dashboard allows IT teams to keep Windows 10 devices-to-date and identify devices that are managed via Windows Update for Business.
- More frequent and easier to install updates for Windows 10 devices.
- Management of Windows 10 devices with Configuration Manager through a mobile device management solution directly.
- Improved unified device management platform for customers using Configuration Manager integrated with Microsoft Intune to manage PCs, servers, and mobile devices.
Customers of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection can get the update (version 1511) from the Microsoft TechNet Evaluation Center and the Microsoft Volume LIcensing Service Center.
[Via Microsoft TechNet Blog]