If you have pets you need to be careful which plants you use to deck the halls in your home. Here are some commonly used plants that can be harmful to your furry companions.
Image from medvjek.
Not all of these plants are toxic to your dogs and cats, but they can still cause rashes or digestive issues if they start gnawing on them. Here are a few:
- Holly: poisonous
- Mistletoe: poisonous
- Poinsettia: rash, indigestion
- Pine sap: mild indigestion
You may want to avoid them entirely, but if you suspect your pet is having a reaction to one of these plants, take them to the vet ASAP to be checked out. Plus, these are just the “holiday” themed plants that can be harmful. For a full list, check out the Humane Society’s chart here.
Which Holiday Plants are Toxic to Dogs? [Modern Dog]