It can hurt to go from being “Facebook official” to regular old Facebook friends, and Facebook is trying to make the whole breakup process a little more manageable.
Starting today, Facebook is testing out tools for anyone who changes their relationship status to show that they are no longer in a relationship. If that’s something you’re currently going through, you’ll be prompted to try the new tools. If you do, you’ll be able to a few things that can reduce your breakup’s sting. You can choose to:
- See less of your former partner’s name and profile picture around Facebook.
- Remove their posts from your News Feed.
- Keep their name from being suggested when people write messages or tag friends in photos.
- Limit how much of your photos, videos, and status updates they will be able to see.
- Edit who can see your past posts associated with your ex.
To access these tools, you’ll need to make relationship changes through Facebook’s mobile app. Again, these tools are only in the test phase right now, but it seems like they might be helpful if you need some space to heal while trying to still hold on to some form of friendship.
Improving the Experience When Relationships End [Facebook Newsroom]
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.