Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Leaked NBN documents point towards an expensive mess, get a bottle of Dimple 12 Year Old Scotch whisky for $44, the best sugar alternatives to use in cooking.
- Dimple is considered one of the better blended malts available on the market. You can currently get 700mL bottles of its 12 Year blend for just $41. [Via OzBargain]
- Remember the cool $800 million NBN Co dropped on buying the Optus HFC network? Leaked documents have revealed that the NBN Co is thinking about replacing it entirely. Why? Because it’s such crappy infrastructure. Gizmodo has the story.
- Love music? You can currently get three months of Spotify Premium for just 99 cents: click here for details.
- Otis Johnson was recently released from prison after being locked away for 44 years. He was 25 when his sentence started, and 69 when he was released. This fascinating video captures his reactions to a completely alien world.
- The US President has made a serious political gaff, failing to name key players on the world stage. The world of Westeros, that is. Click here to watch Stephen Colbert stick the boot in.
- If you’re trying to lose weight, limiting refined white sugar is a step in the right direction. Here are a range of healthy alternatives, courtesy of POPSUGAR Health & Fitness.