Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: a landmark win at this year's Melbourne Cup, Optus is now selling 50GB of data for $70, and Fallout 4 is leaking all over the place.
- Michelle Payne becomes the first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup on the back of Prince of Penzance, despite odds of 100-1. Catch the whole story over on Business Insider.
- Optus is the first Australian telco to provide 4G data at prices that are cost-competitive with low-quota ADSL and NBN plans. You can get 50GB of super fast 4G data for $70 per month, and as an added bonus, Optus's Home Wireless Broadband is also super simple to set up.
- Fallout 4 is getting even more gameplay details and screenshots leaked. While most of the leaked videos have since been taken down, you can still catch all the screenshots and a couple of gifs over at Kotaku Australia.
- Speaking of Fallout, Gaming Heads has just announced their Fallout 4 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads from Vault 111. Grab all seven bobbleheads in the series 1 collection for $US79.99.
- Activision Blizzard is making a huge purchase, in the process of acquiring Candy Crush maker King Digital for $US5.9 billion. While it is yet to be finalised, the sale was unanimously approved by the boards of both Activision and King. Read more at Business Insider Australia.