Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The importance of food in Fallout 4, how Facebook steals billion of video views from creators, the science of being lazy.
- The first thing you need to do in the video game Fallout 4 is grab a decent weapon. The next is finding food. This Kotaku article explains why food is fundamental to survival -- and where to find it.
- Never seem to have the energy to get anything done? It turns out there’s a neurological reason for apathy and laziness, if new research can be believed. Inefficient connections between certain areas of the brain may make it harder for some people to decide to act. Gizmodo has the science.
- Click here and here for this week's best groceries and gadget deals from Coles, including 40% off Skype Cards, half-price Magnum tubs and Nando's sauces for under $2.
- Facebook has announced its users collectively watch 8 billion videos per day. According to Nutshell's Kurz Gesagt, this number is made out of lies, cheating and worst of all: theft.
- Udemy has once again made a handful of its courses completely free. Topics include game app creation, productivity hacks and combating depression. Click here to see the free courses on offer.