Brief news items for Lifehacker readers, including: Metal Gear Solid V review, how to spot great cosplay, what it costs to buy an iPhone in 54 different countries around the world.
- The hotly-anticipated Metal Gear Solid V has finally landed in shops around the country. Here is the Kotaku review.
- What really makes a cosplay worth celebrating? When all the contestants in a cosplay competition look so impressive, how does anyone ever pick the best? Kotaku’s resident cosplay expert Hayley Williams gives the skinny.
- The Sphero BB-8 is an officially licenced Star Wars toy that’s just about the coolest thing ever. Head to Gizmodo for an in-depth review.
- MSY is selling 1TB WD Portable hard drives for $69. You can also get a 64GB Samsung MicroSD card for $39. Click here for more info.
- The iPhone index does exactly what it says on the tin: like the similar “Big Mac index”, it compares the prices of Apple’s famous smartphone around the globe to establish a real world version of a currency’s value based on the theory of “same good, same price”. Click here to see how Australia and New Zealand fare.