Mac/iOS: Back in June, the TaiG team released their jailbreak tool for Windows. That was followed up by an unofficial (and glitchy) offshoot for Mac by another team in July. Now, the TaiG team has released their Mac version.
The TaiG version of the jailbreak tool works just like the Windows version:
- Download TaiG and drag it to your Applications folder
- Turn off your passcode (Settings > Passcode > Turn Passcode Off) and Find My iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone)
- Plug in your phone to your computer, close iTunes (if it opened) and open the TaiG app
- Wait for TaiG to recognise your device, then uncheck the 3K assistant option
- Click Start and wait for the software to jailbreak your device.
That's it. It's a pretty simple process this time around.