Parallels has released the newest version of Parallels Access, introducing the ability to transfer large files from a computer to iOS and Android mobile devices directly. It has also brought out a companion Apple Watch app and an experimental gaming mode for the Access app. Here are the details on the improvements.
Image from Parallels blog
Parallels Access 3.0 is the latest edition of the company’s remote access software which allows users to gain control of their PC or Mac through iOS and Android mobile devices. There’s a bunch of new features that have been added and here are the ones that stand out the most:
- Large file sharing directly to devices
Users don’t have to upload files to cloud storage services in order to share them with other devices. Direct file transfer between PCs and devices is possible with Parallels Access 3.0 which requires no cloud storage and has no file size limit.
- Apple Watch companion app
Apple Watch users can download a app that works with Access 3.0 and see their remote computers as well as initiate a connection from their wrists.
- Experimental support for Gaming Mode
Something for the avid gamer. This feature lets users play computer games streamed from their PCs to any iOS device. Controls can be customised for a touch-based experience on games such as Diablo III, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and League of Legends.
Some other enhancements on Parallels Access 3.0 include:
- Universal File Manager with local file support, cloud storage, file previews and access to photos
- New “remoteless” connection for File Manager–connect to a computer to access files without taking over the screen
- Access to photos on a mobile device from the desktop agent, including the ability to take photos and copy them to a remote computer
Single user subscriptions with ability to access up to five remote computers cost US$19.99 for one year or $34.99 for two years. New customers are eligible for a special offer of US$29.99 for a two-year subscription.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.