Your microwave is one of the most versatile tools in your kitchen. It can reheat leftovers, make lemons easier to squeeze, and even revive dried-up mascara. Here are nine of our favourite microwave tricks, in video form.
It's been a long time coming, but we at Lifehacker finally have a proper, dedicated video team, which means you're going to start seeing a lot more video around these parts. We're kicking it off with a new series called Quick Hacks, in which we take simple, two-step or three-step tips (many of which Lifehacker veterans will recognise from past years) and show them off in video form.
So, without further ado, check out our first Quick Hacks video above, including the following tips:
- Cook Crispy Bacon in the Microwave with a Bowl
- Decrystalize Honey in the Microwave
- Make Sunny-Side Up or Poached Eggs in the Microwave
- Get More Juice from Lemons and Other Citrus
- Steam Vegetables in the Microwave
- Fit Two Bowls in Your Microwave with an Extra Mug or Bowl
- Microwave Food on the Edge of the Carousel for Faster, More Even Heating (and Create a Ring with Your Food)
- Revive Dried-Up Mascara
- Use a Lemon to Make Cleaning the Microwave Easy
And keep an eye out for lots more video from Lifehacker in the near future!