The stress of wedding day can make even the smallest mishaps feel like dire emergencies. If you're part of the bridal party, prepare kits for the bride and groom so you're ready to handle whatever comes up.
You can make these kits yourself, just put the items below into a bag and take them to the venue. Of course, what you need may vary if you're in a wedding with a special theme or location, but here's a good start for what you should put in your kit for the bride and bridesmaids:
- Drinks and snacks: Make sure no one passes out because they forgot to eat breakfast. Plenty of water keeps everyone hydrated.
- Toiletries: Clear bandages, disposable wipes, blotting sheets, bobby pins, pressed face powder, hairspray, cotton swabs (Q-tips), tissues, deodorant, aspirin and eye drops.
- Clear nail polish: You'll be able to add some shine to nails, stop clothing snags from escalating, and coat jewellery to avoid allergic reactions.
- Outfit fixers: Take care of last-minute clothing issues with a sewing kit, stain remover wipes, safety pins and white chalk (covers stains on white dresses).
- Straws: Keep everyone's lipstick looking perfect by passing out straws to use on all drinks while getting ready.
Here's what you need for the groom and groomsmen:
- Drinks and snacks: Same as above. Be ready to quell any hunger pains or dehydration that may arise.
- Toiletries: Stock up on cologne, shaving cream and razors, hair gel, deodorant, clear bandages, cotton swabs (Q-tips), aspirin, tissues, and eye drops.
- Outfit fixers: Be ready for any outfit emergency with a lint brush, shoe polish (make sure you have the right colour), a sewing kit, stain remover wipes, safety pins, extra cufflinks, extra suit buttons, and an extra tie or bowtie.
Having everything you need to take care of most emergencies will make you and the happy couple calmer during the hectic wedding day schedule.
A Wedding Day Emergency Checklist (for the Ladies) [Kiss My Tulle] A Wedding Day Emergency Checklist (for the Men) [Kiss My Tulle]