Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: how the “Holy Grail” of superconductors could revolutionise electronics, Unified Weapons Master (UWM) in action, Australia is getting its own Legoland.
- Hydrogen sulfide — the chemical compound that emits a powerful rotten egg smell — is a superconductor with enormous potential. Gizmodo takes a look at the science.
- Here are six ways that magnets are about to change our lives.
- Unified Weapons Master (UWM) is a new full-contact sport in which competitors hack away at each other with every weapon under the sun dressed in super-high-tech armour. See it in action here.
- The Chadstone shopping mall in Melbourne will soon have its own Legoland Discovery Centre; a massive LEGO attraction covering 2800 square metres. Head to SMH for the story.
- In other Lego news, you can currently get 20% off all Lego from Big W when you use the online discount code “LEGO-20”. [Via OzBargain]