Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Foxtel’s CEO slams Netflix, fascinating (and terrifying) imagery from concept artist Manuel Dupong, does Australian e-sport have a drug problem?
- Foxtel’s CEO Richard Freudenstein said in a speech today that Netflix and its associated competitors are no better than a local video store, whereas its own service is premium. Gizmodo has the story.
- Professional video game tournaments are a multi-billion dollar business and the pressures faced by competitors are similar to real athletes. This has given rise to illegal drug use to gain a competitive edge. So does Australian e-sports have a drug problem? Kotaku investigates.
- USB Type-C is shaping up to be the holy grail of ports. It can charge your laptop, deliver 4K video, and transfer loads of USB data all over a single cable — all at the same time. What could be better? Gizmodo has the answer.
- Dick Smith has knocked 30 per cent off Logitech gaming accessories. For more online bargains, head to our Hump Day Deals page.
- Manuel Dupong is a concept artist, matte painter and illustrator who is part of the Sense Collective. Some of his visions are terrifying. You can see some of his best work over at Kotaku.