Brief video items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Watch the Doctor Who season 9 trailer, the best original Netflix content to watch this weekend, the world's biggest Star Wars fan.
- The first trailer for Doctor Who’s ninth season is up. It provides an amazing look at the new season. It’s grittier. It’s darker. The TARDIS wheeze sounds older. The Doctor looks older. Watch it here.
- No Man’s Sky is an amazing procedurally-generated video game that presents an entire universe to explore via spaceship. You can drool over 18 minutes of gameplay footage right here, right now.
- Adam Harris is arguably Australia’s biggest Star Wars fan. Sadly, he also has an inoperable brain tumour. The Feed produced an amazing look at Adam’s life and family which you can watch here.
- What does a tear look like at the microscopic level? It’s more interesting — and beautiful — than you might expect. Dutch photographer Maurice Mikkers recently captured a few really amazing close-up images of the most precious human body fluid: view them here.
- Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are 5 of the biggest religions in the world. Over the last few thousand years, these religious groups have shaped the course of history and had a profound influence on the trajectory of the human race. But how did they spread? This animated map explains the basics.
- There will never be anything more relaxing than a hot tub hammock. Gizmodo has the evidence.
- The hashtag #DontJudgeChallenge is the latest trend among hipster millennials. To participate, teens are filming themselves looking “unattractive” and then revealing what they actually look like in real life. It's supposed to be an anti-bullying movement but is actually rather insulting to anyone with glasses, bad teeth or acne. Business Insider has the story.
- The Bricasso is a LEGO printer that works by scanning an image of the desired printout — which is made by filling in a grid with the desired pattern and colours — via a Mindstorms EV3. See it in action here.
- It’s officially the weekend! That means it’s time to curl up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and some new flicks. Gizmodo has assembled the best binge-watching TV series commissioned by Netflix. Check out the trailers here.