Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Microsoft ruins Windows Solitaire, how to spot cheap leather (even in high-end stores), why you should wait to have sex in a new relationship.
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has changed the OS’s game staple Solitare — and not for the better. The new version of Solitaire plays ads that run over the full Solitaire window, sometimes for 15 up to 30 seconds. The only way to remove this is to pay cash. Kotaku has the story.
- According to new scientific research, couples in lasting relationships typically wait a certain amount of time to start having sex. Head over to Business Insider for the magic numbers.
- Does a woman’s pregnancy affect the weight of her partner? And is weight gain sustained while the kids grow up? Sit back and allow Gizmodo to drop its dad bod science on those assembled.
- The qualities of good leather are well known. It’s tough, it looks beautiful, and it ages with grace. But how can you spot the good from the bad? Here are six tricks to help gauge the quality of the next leather item that catches your fancy. [Via Business Insider]
- Softpedia is currently offering free 9 months of Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. Get your download here.