Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Get 50% off LEGO at Big W, the latest announcements from Computex 2015, how those amazing effects shots were pulled off in Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Big W is knocking 50 per cent off selected LEGO, including Star Wars versions. The deal starts this Thursday. Click here to see what’s on offer.
- Computex 2015 has just kicked off in Taiwan where the Gizmodo boys are reporting live. Here are the best announcements so far.
- Google Cardboard is a virtual reality headset solution for Android phones. The latest version is still made of cardboard but according to Gizmodo, it’s bigger and better than ever. Click here for their first impressions.
- FujiFilm is offering a cashback promotion on X Series cameras. From 1 June to 31 July, the company will offer up to $200 cashback with the purchase of selected X Series models acquired from an authorised Australian participating retailer.
- By now, I trust you’ve all seen Mad Max: Fury Road, right? If not, get your arse to the cinema right now! For everyone else, feast your eyes on these before-and-after comparisons shots which reveals how CGI was used to enhance the film’s action sequences. Amazing stuff.