Windows: Reader Pushkar put together this stark but open and clean desktop in just a few minutes with a couple of easily-configured components. Here’s how he did it.
Pushkar is using Windows, which isn’t totally obvious since there are no taskbars, system trays or other clear menus. Everything’s neatly stashed away until he needs it. If you want the same look for your Windows machine, here’s what you’ll need:
- The Eclipse wallpaper by Jandy Aditya Pratisto
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Arcs theme for Rainmeter to create the clock in the centre of the screen
- The Simple Media skin for Rainmeter for the date and time display on the side
- The RocketDock application launcher on the left side of the screen
- The Ourea icon pack for RocketDock
That’s all it takes, and you can see where each skin and theme is put to use in the finished product. If you have questions though, or want to know more about how Pushkar made it all work, head over to his Kinja blog (linked below) to ask your questions. Let him know how much we liked his work when you do!
Eclipse Desktop [Pushkar Desai]