Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: How to save 20 per cent on your fuel bill, 22 Airbnb horror stories, could gamers soon be paying a Steam tax?
- GoFar is a new Australian invention that could save you up to 20 per cent off your fuel bill. Not only does it help you drive more efficiently to conserve petrol, it can track data such as fuel use and sync it to your phone. Gizmodo has a review.
- If you ever try to book a rental on Airbnb and the owner asks you to pay via wire transfer, don’t do it. Don’t even think about it. It’s a scam. It’s always a scam.
- Vinomofo is offering $25 off any wine purchase when customers use the discount code "UBER23". [Via OzBargain]
- The Australian government may soon tell Australians they have to start paying tax on the gaming distribution service Steam. Kotaku has the story.
- The Delivery Hero app is offering $14 off a $20 spend when you use the discount code "TASTYTHURSDAY". Head to its website to download the app.