Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Ten tech breakthroughs that will shape the future, Windows 10's cheeky emoji, did the Empire blow up the Death Star?
- Big W's Drop Zone sale is offering up to 80 per cent off a large range of products. Click here for the best deals. For more online bargains, head to our Hump Day Deals post.
- Here are 10 tech breakthroughs that will shape the future, according to Gizmodo.
- Windows 10 is ushering in plenty of useful productivity features, some of which you can read about here. But for trolls and misanthropes, the best addition is a new emoji that let's you flip people the bird.
- The Witcher 3 is shaping up to be the best RPG of the year. In this video, CD Projekt RED talk about the creation of the game's fearsome monsters.
- Kotaku has assembled a list of movies and TV shows on Netflix that every gamer needs to watch. Sort out your week's binge list here.
- Most 9/11 conspiracies are pretty bug nuts crazy. This Star Wars report spoofs a bunch of them to hilarious effect: apparently, the Rebel Alliance didn't blow up the Death Star — it was totally an inside job!