Windows: Our friend joergermeister has made more than a few of our favourite desktops, and this is another great contribution. Clean, sparse and still functional, here's how he set it all up.
Joergermeister is using the Windows 10 Technical Preview, but you can make this work on any Windows desktop. Here's what he used, and what you'll need to download to do the same to your machine:
- Red by Simon Van Geel
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Minimal One Weather skin for Rainmeter for the date and weather display
- The Google Now skin for Rainmeter for the clock and music player
- The Boxes dock for Rainmeter for the application launcher at the bottom of the screen
- The Simplynotblack icon pack for the taskbar icons
Once you have everything set up around the wallpaper, your setup should look just like this one. Luckily there aren't too many moving parts. If you have trouble with it, or just want to tell joergermeister how much you like his work, hit the link below!
Pimp My Desktop Part 64 [Flickr]