The latest updates and additions for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- Google has launched a new status dashboard for Google Cloud Platform, making it easier to troubleshoot when cloud platforms go wrong. (That is a “when”, not an “if”.) The service includes an RSS feed if you want additional means of finding out when stuff goes wrong (and potentially automating actions that happen when that occurs.)
- AWS Trusted Advisor has added new checks for Elastic Load Balancer, designed to monitor if any of your ELB instances are using non-standard security configurations, aren’t assigned to security groups or have fault tolerance problems.
- Having released a fully Docker-based Ubuntu image for Azure back in January, Microsoft has now officially launched Docker Machine and Docker Swarm on Azure. Hyper-V has also beefed up his Docker support.
- The latest version of Azure SQL Database has now rolled out in the Asian region (including Sydney and Melbourne). That’s only two months after it first hit the US and Europe.
- Elsewhere in database updates, Oracle Linux 6.6 is now available on AWS.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..