From keeping warm in chilly weather to adding panache to your outfit, there are many reasons why you’d want to wear a scarf. Because men and women’s fashion and style of scarves often differs, check out this video for five ways to tie a man’s scarf.
In case you can’t watch the instructional video now, here are the five techniques:
- The Parisian Knot: a more casual style that loops most of the material around your neck.
- The Ascot: a classic look that really displays your scarf’s pattern by placing a long stripe of the fabric in the front — this strip of fabric elongates your body. You can also choose to tuck it into your jacket.
- Tucked Under: As the name implies, you loop the fabric around your neck and tuck the rest of the scarf under each side of your jacket before fastening.
- The Fake Knot: This method is the most complex of them, but is recommended if you have a tie you want to be seen as it doesn’t have a knot or loop that is close to your neck.
- The Once Around: Again, the name gives it away — simply loop the scarf once around your neck and let the ends hang on either side.
With this video you can turn an accessory into something both functional and fun. For more men’s style tips, check out other videos like this through the link below.
THEBASICS: How to Tie Scarf for Men [YouTube]