Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The best commercials from Super Bowl XLIX, get 8GB USB thumb drives for under $3, inside the Girls Make Games initiative.
- Gizmodo has assembled a video gallery of the best ads from XLIX; including new movie trailers for Jurassic World, Terminator: Genisys and The Fast & The Furious 7. Watch them here.
- In other Super Bowl news, Katy Perry wore a Nintendo Wiimote strap during her half-time performance. Here's a photo.
- Officeworks is selling Toshiba 8GB USB 2.0 flash drives for just $3.79.
- Girls Make Games started in San Jose, California and quickly expanded into a series of international summer camps, workshops and game jams designed to encourage girls to explore the world of video games. But why is there a need for special camps just for girls? Kotaku's Rae Johnston investigates.
- Here's an interesting deal for cheese fans — purchase any two Red Rock Deli Dips from Woolworths and receive a free cheeseboard worth $25. The deal is valid until 17 Feburary. [Via OzBargain]