Flickr user Thomas put this desktop together to celebrate the successful Orion test flight last month. A great, simple wallpaper and a few well-placed skins, and we feel like we’re in orbit too. Here’s how he set it up.
- The wallpaper;
- Rainmeter, a system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows;
- The Encoded skin for Rainmeter for the date header in the upper right;
- The Lines 2.0 skin for Rainmeter for the system monitors at the bottom of the screen;
- The MemoDijay suite for Rainmeter for the circular clock and the Gmail new message indicator on the desktop;
- The Muziko skin for Rainmeter for the Now Playing info on the screen.
That’s about it. Thomas tweaked some of the skins’ text sizes so they looked better on his screen, and you can do the same on your setup. If you have questions about how to set everything up or make it work, hit the Flickr link below to visit Thomas’ page and ask how he made it all happen.
The Orion Desktop [Flickr]