Poaching a lot of eggs at once using the traditional method is time-consuming (not to mention tough). With a muffin tin, you can poach a dozen at once with no problem.
Justin Chappele from Food & Wine explains how in the above video. If you don't want to watch the video, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Pour 1 tablespoon of water into each cup.
- Crack an egg over the water in each cup.
- Put the pan in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the eggs out.
- Check that the whites are nice and firm, then serve or store in your fridge.
With this technique you can make enough eggs to easily serve at a brunch or other event. If you don't need a dozen eggs, use a smaller muffin tin or just leave some of the cups empty.
How to Poach a Dozen Eggs [Food & Wine via YouTube]