Our weekly roundup of developments on Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- Azure Active Directory's Workplace Join service is designed to make BYOD scenarios more manageable. Having just added support for Android devices, it's now potentially a lot more useful. (Previously, only iOS and Windows 8 devices were supported.)
- With that said, Google is describing the launch of its new Cloud Monitoring service as a "beta". The platform is based on Stackdriver, which Google acquired last year.
- Hosting a site on Azure? The new Application Insights Website Extension extension provides drill-down views of availability, performance and usage. It's currently in preview (preview is the new beta for cloud computing, it seems).
- Google Computer Engine now offers the ability to deploy the Elasticsearch search server via its Click To Deploy option. Read more here.
- Migrating a site from one Azure data centre to another is a fairly common scenario (a lot of sites might have shifted from Singapore to Australia when the local region launched last year). Azure Data Center Migration Solution is an open source solution designed to streamline that process, developed in conjunction with Microsoft's Bangalore operation.
- Amazon's Elastic Transcoder media conversion service now supports AES-128 encryption. Read more at the announcement post.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..