Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The origin of the hamburger, Nathan Drake climbs, get $50 off hotel bookings with HotelClub.
- Have you ever wanted to read a 2000+ critique of a video game character's climbing technique, complete with videos and diagrams? Today's your lucky day!
- Quickflix has upgraded its service on the PlayStation network with a new premium streaming option for new release movies and TV shows. New PlayStation members who sign up for a one month Quickflix trial will also receive three rental movies of their choice to stream for free. Click here for more information.
- Google is offering a month of unlimited movie streaming on Presto to customers who purchase a Chromecast. You can also get 90 days of unlimited music from Google Play and $6 credit towards a movie rental. Click here for the terms and conditions.
- This video tutorial explains how to make working earphones out of 40cal bullet shells. Because why not, eh? The video is accompanied by a pretty groovy track too.
- The origin of the hamburger supposedly goes back to the time of Genghis Kahn. This excerpt from National Geographic's The History of the Hamburger explains that evolution.
- Planning a Christmas getaway? HotelClub is offering $50 off bookings over $100 to Visa Checkout customers who use the diuscount code "VISACHECKOUT". [Via OzBargains]