To celebrate the launch of the Hashbrown Double, KFC is offering one Lifehacker reader the chance to immortalise themselves as a 3D-printed golden statue while eating the snack. To enter, simply tell us what else you would add to the KFC Double to make it even more ridiculously tasty.
The KFC Hashbrown Double is a limited-edition "bunless" burger consisting a piece of bacon, two slices of cheese and a hash brown sandwiched between two chicken breast fillets. In other words, it takes the ultra-indulgence of the original Double and stretches it to even more grandiose levels. (Check out our taste-test video here.)
To commemorate the debut of this tasty morsel, KFC is offering Double fans something a little bit different -- namely, a 3D statue of their own noggins chowing down on the snack. Check out the below video for a taste of the 3D scanning process and finished results:
“Instead of giving fans The Double for just a limited time, we’ll give them The Double for life, and we’re excited to be using the latest 3D printing technology to do just that in a new and fun way,” KFC Australia’s marketing director Valerie Kubizniak said.
So how does it work? From November 10, KFC will be launching the Immortalise Yourself Tour, which will see five of its flagship stores in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Launceston kitted out with latest in 3D printing technology. The first 10 customers who buy the Hash Brown Double in each store will then be scanned and printed into a 3D golden trophy valued at $385.
The Immortalise Yourself Tour will start in Sydney on November 10, and will visit Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Launceston in the same week. You can find the participating stores and dates below:
- November 10 – Sydney: KFC Hoxton Park, Cnr Cowpasture Rd and 15th Ave, Hoxton Park
- November 11 – Melbourne: KFC Broadmeadows, 1185 Pascoe Vale Rd, Broadmeadows
- November 12 – Brisbane: KFC Morningside, 583 Wynnum Road, Morningside
- November 13 – Adelaide: KFC Modbury, 942-944 North East Rd, Modbury
- November 14 – Launceston: KFC Launceston, Shop G12, 162 Brisbane St, Launceston
In addition to the above, KFC is also offering the same prize to one Lifehacker reader. To enter, all you have to do is describe what you would add to the KFC Double to make it even more ridiculously tasty? The full details, including the competition's rules, terms and conditions, are provided below. Good luck!
How To Enter
Simply answer the following question in the comments section below:
"What ingredient would you add to make the KFC Double even more ridiculously tasty?"
We're looking for suggestions that we would actually want to eat: joke submissions will not be considered.
• Competition closes 12pm AEST on 7 November 2014. Winners will be announced on site / contacted via email within 24 hours.
• Entry open to residents of Australia based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Launceston. Full terms and conditions.