Android/iOS: Google’s new Inbox app lets you bundle messages for easy organisation. It’s great, but there’s more you can do with those bundles. After creating one, you can control how often a bundle appears, like once a day or once a week, or even have it skip the inbox altogether.
By default, bundles appear as messages arrive, which often causes more clutter than necessary. For example: It would be nice to have all your newsletters appear once a day, rather than throughout the day. With bundles you can make these types of changes. Set your less urgent bundles to show up once a day, once a week, or, if you’re avoiding spam, never. It’s easy:
- Head to Settings > Label Settings and Notifications.
- Tap the bundle you want to customise and find the “Behavior” section.
- Here you can turn off notifications, or tap “Show Bundle” to set whether you’d like to see messages as they arrive, once a day, or once a week.
It takes a couple of extra steps to get the bundle to completely skip your inbox:
- From the “Behavior” section, turn the “Bundle the messages in the inbox” feature to off.
- Don’t worry about the warning. Just tap OK.
- Now you’ll see your options have changed. Check the new “Skip the Inbox” box to keep the both bundle intact and hidden.
Skip the Inbox keeps the messages bundled and makes the entire bundle disappear, so make sure you check it. If you don’t, the messages will start appearing individually. Use these settings to help you put the important messages in the forefront and block out the noise.
A bit about Bundles in Inbox [Official Gmail Blog]