Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Crazy Aussie surfs dead whale surrounded by great white sharks, is an official Netflix Australia launch just around the corner?
- According to local reports, Netflix has been quietly working on a local launch from its Sydney office. The streaming giant recently signed itself up with new creative and social marketing agencies, indicating that an official Aussie launch could be just around the corner. Click here for the details.
- The headline says it all: This Man Immediately Regretted Jumping Onto A Dead Whale Being Eaten By Great White Sharks. (Includes photos and video.)
- What could the TV show True Detective and the video game Dark Souls have in common? Apparently, quite a lot.
- Looking for a new phone? Here are the best Android smartphones available in Australia as voted by Gizmodo's experts.
- Udemy has slashed the prices of a handful of online courses by 100 per cent. Available courses include The Ultimate Microsoft Project 2013 Training Bundle (RRP: $247), Become a Kick-Ass Web Developer: From Newbie to Pro (RRP: $497), Dreamweaver CC for Beginners (RRP: $197) and The Ultimate QuickBooks Pro Training Bundle (RRP: $397).