Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: How to turn yourself into a beautiful comic book character, free DJ sets in Vodafone stores, Coles runs foul of ASB for ‘fresh’ Tasmanian apple advert.
- What happens when an orchestra eats the world’s hottest chilli pepper? Watch this video to find out.
- Oh dear. Barely a month after the /”fresh bread” debacle, Coles has fallen foul of the Ad Standards Board (ASB) for a TV ad promoting “fresh” Tasmanian apples. In reality, the apples were allegedly kept in storage for months. Mumbrella has the story.
- Can you really bust a gut from eating too much at once? Gixmodo drops its science on those assembled.
- Okay, so Halloween has already come and gone. Nevertheless, this comic book makeup tutorial is still worth checking out. The results are pretty remarkable.
- To celebrate its new partnership with Spotify, Vodafone is throwing free DJ sets at select stores around Australia this Friday between 11am and 2pm. DJ Saville will be performing at 285 George Street (Sydney), Marita’s Paradise at Bourke Street Mall (Melbourne), Acey at Rundle Mall (Adelaide) Polba at Queen St Mall (Brisbane) and SHANN Barefoot at Hay Street Mall (Perth).