After seeing our last featured desktop, Panda Nguyen shared this awesome design with us. It may look like Steam is built-in, but it’s not — it just fits very well. Here’s how he set it all up.
Here’s what you’ll need to set it all up:
- The Republic of Gamers wallpaper (number 43 of this collection)
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Rings skin for Rainmeter for the display across the top
- The Enigma skin for Rainmeter for the news feeds and calendar on the left side, and the system monitors and utilities on the top right
- The RocketDock application launcher at the bottom of the screen
- Taskbar Eliminator to hide the Windows Taskbar (and only restore it by key command)
- The Metro for Steam skin to help the app fit in a bit better with Windows 8’s look and feel
That’s all there is to it. This one isn’t too heavy on skins and tools, and it’s both informative and non-distracting at the same time.
Desktop Skin [Flickr]