Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Watch the new Avengers trailer, why it's better being single, get $20 off prepaid mobile broadband devices at Telstra.
- Couplehood is overrated. Here are five reasons you're better off being single, according to science and health experts.
- Telstra is offering $20 off all its prepaid mobile broadband devices until Christmas.
- After a few false starts, the new teaser trailer for The Avengers: Age Of Ultron has finally arrived. Watch it here.
- The Xbox 360 just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. You can now get it direct from Microsoft for $179 with a month's worth of Xbox Live Gold and three free games.
- Almost everything at Telstra needs to change if the company is going to survive in what is becoming a very different marketplace. These aren't the words of a competitor or industry analyst, but Telstra CEO David Thodey. “For Telstra we know if we don’t reinvent ourselves, if we don’t continue to innovate in some way that our customers will tell us and they’ll leave us and when they leave us we don’t have a business,” he said at a Australian Institute of Company Directors event in Sydney. Head to Business Insider for the full story.
- Dan Murphy's is currently selling 24 bottles of Hoegaarden White Beer for $46.95. Bargain!