Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: National Security legislation passed into law, 100 Studi Ghibli wallpapers, the rise and fall of the Dead Space video game series.
- Pebble has slashed the price of its original smartwatch by 33 per cent. Originally costing US$149, you can now get it delivered to anywhere in the world for US$99, including delivery. The deluxe Steel version has also received a price-drop of $30. For more online bargains, head to our Hump Day Deals roundup.
- That national security bill we all hated was officially been passed into law today — and more are coming.
- The Dead Space video game series was riding high after the release of Dead Space 2 in 2011. Then it all kind of went to crap. Kotaku investigates what went wrong.
- They say the best things in life are free. These 100 absolutely stunning wallpapers of Studio Ghibli cartoons definitely qualifies.
- Google HR boss Laszlo Bock has revealed a simple that will transform your resumé from a list of duties into a clear picture of your achievements and skills. Head to Business Insider to read his tips.