Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: National Security legislation passed into law, 100 Studi Ghibli wallpapers, the rise and fall of the Dead Space video game series.
- Pebble has slashed the price of its original smartwatch by 33 per cent. Originally costing US$149, you can now get it delivered to anywhere in the world for US$99, including delivery. The deluxe Steel version has also received a price-drop of $30. For more online bargains, head to our Hump Day Deals roundup.
- That national security bill we all hated was officially been passed into law today — and more are coming.
- The Dead Space video game series was riding high after the release of Dead Space 2 in 2011. Then it all kind of went to crap. Kotaku investigates what went wrong.
- They say the best things in life are free. These 100 absolutely stunning wallpapers of Studio Ghibli cartoons definitely qualifies.
- Google HR boss Laszlo Bock has revealed a simple that will transform your resumé from a list of duties into a clear picture of your achievements and skills. Head to Business Insider to read his tips.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.