Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Introducing the new Fitbit Charge range, seven tips to unlock the potential of Google Inbox, get the Nexus 5 smartphone for $409.
- As we warned back in Janurary, the Government excise on fuel will rise from $0.38.143 cents per litre to $0.38.6 cents per litre from November 10. Boo!
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation has come up with a new idea for wearable tech: stylish pink ties with built-in NFC chips to accept electronic donations with a tap of a credit card. Click here to see a video of the ties in action.
- The new Fitbit Charge, Charge HR and Surge fitness trackers have officially launched in Australia. Gizmodo has all the details.
- Elsewhere on Gizmodo, here are seven tips to unlock the potential of Google Inbox.
- Kogan Technologies is selling the LG Google Nexus 5 for $409. The deal includes free shipping.