Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: ACCC takes action against Woolworths for unsafe products, KFC adds free Foxtel Presto to its Family Burger Box, the violent world of retro family games.
- ACCC is taking action against Woolworths for the sale of unsafe products. The products in question were the Abode 3L Stainless Steel Deep Fryer, Woolworths Select Drain Cleaner 1L and Homebrand Safety Matches. The ACCC allege that the company made false or misleading representations about the safety of these products and failed to file mandatory reports once it had become aware of serious injuries and/or illnesses that they may have caused. In addition, Woolworths has also been accused of making false or misleading representations about the weight capacity of the Woolworths Home Collection Padded Flop Chair and Masters Home Improvement Folding Stepping Stool. [ACCC]
- Like movies? Like chicken? For the next two weeks you can get a free month’s access to Presto, Foxtel’s movie streaming service, when you buy a $24.95 KFC Family Burger Box. For more online bargains, head to our Hump Day Deals post.
- In other Foxtel news, three additional channels have been added to Foxtel Play; E!, 13th Street and Style. This brings the total number of live channels available to 57.
- A ticking time bomb, a kid-friendly version of Russian roulette and a game about smashing a naked man’s body apart with a hammer -- just some of the board games that enthralled kids in more innocent times. Click here to see them in action.
- If you have a sweet spot for cold and creamy ice cream, sticking to a diet can be tough. To make life a little less painful, try making these frozen yoghurt cupcakes, courtesy of POPSUGAR Health & Fitness.