Hi Lifehacker, I've only just recently realised how convenient it would be to sync my Facebook events with my Google Calendar and thus have them pop up on my Android device. I did a quick search to find out how to do this but all the guides seem to relate to an older version of Facebook.
My main issue is when these guides say go to Events -> Calendars and then click the settings/gear icon. That icon doesn't even appear for me. Am I missing something or can this no longer be done?
Thanks Calendar Confused
Facebook's regular interface changes mean tasks like this can be fiddly if you don't know where to look. Here's how to get it done as of today (September 2014).
- Assuming you're logged into Facebook on your computer, click on Events in the left-hand column (or click this link).
- In the bottom-right corner in the third column, you'll see this text: "You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar. Once you've add them, they'll stay updated."
- Just under that, you'll see a link that says "Upcoming Events". Right-click on that link and select "Copy link address" in Chrome, "Copy Link Location" in Firefox or "Copy shortcut" in Internet Explorer.
- Open Google Calendar (click on this link for quick access).
- In the left-hand column, you'll see a heading: "Other calendars". Click on the drop-down arrow next to it and select "Add by URL".
- Paste in the URL and click "Add calendar".
Once you've done that, all upcoming events should be automatically added to your calendar. You can also use that URL with other online calendars or calendar software. Happy planning!
Got your own question you want to put to Lifehacker? Send it using our contact form.