Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 review, Audi A3 e-tron Australian hands-on, ABC confirms simulcast of every new episode of Doctor Who.
- BBC First’s Twitter-based drama Whatsnext kicks off today at 6pm on @BBCFirstAus. The five-part collaborative drama will be written by the public over Twitter using the hashtag #Whatsnext. Click here to see a video about the project.
- Last week, Gizmodo Australia got its hands on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Click here to read the review.
- The A3 e-tron is a new model in Audi’s A3 sportback line-up. It comes with a 110kW 1.4-litre TFSI petrol four-cylinder engine as well as a 75kW electric motor. Click here to read the Australian review.
- The ABC has confirmed it will receive simulcasts of every new episode of Doctor Who. Episode two, “Into The Dalek” will be screened simultaneously with the BBC broadcast this Sunday, and then again at 7:40pm at night, and the rest of the season will follow suit.
- NBN Co’s latest YouTube video is dripping with positivity regarding FTTN connections include a sneaky, brief disclaimer. Gizmodo has the report.
- Three of the biggest gaming services on the planet were knocked offline for parts of the weekend, with DDoS attacks hitting the servers of the PlayStation Network, Riot’s League of Legends and Blizzard’s Battle.net (affecting titles such as World of Warcraft and Hearthstone).