Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Brain lag explained, OnePlus in sexist campaign row, why it’s better to cook a frozen steak without thawing first.
- So apparently, the new Tomb Raider game is going to be an Xbox One exclusive. People are pissed.
- The Slinky? A Rubik’s Cube? Newton’s Cradle? None of those tried-and-true office time-wasters can even begin to compare with the awesomeness that is this ultrasonic levitation machine that can actually defy gravity and make tiny objects float at your desk.
- It’s not just video games that suffer from lag — gamers’ brains can too. Ex-Discovery News host Anthony Carboni drops his science on those assembled.
- Tech companies have a pretty awful track record when it comes to engaging women through marketing. But the latest promotion from smartphone company OnePlus really takes the biscuit. In short, it invited female customers to send in their hot “selfie” photos for the chance to buy the limited-edition One phone at full price. Not cool.
- Dan Murphy’s is selling 700mL bottles of Lagavulin 16 Year Old Scotch Whisky for $79.85. You can also get free delivery when you use the discount code “DMWEL0814”. For more online bargains, head to our Hump Day Deals page.
- Bored? Watch the new Call Of Duty blow up a bridge.
- Apparently, it’s better to cook a frozen steak than a thawed one. This video explains why.