Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Watch an extended five-minute trailer to Guardians Of The Galaxy, inside the biggest man-made hole on Earth, get six Square Enix video games for $1.
- Marvel has released an extended five-minute trailer for its upcoming galactic superhero romp, Guardians Of The Galaxy. Watch it here.
- In other Marvel news, this 8-bit video game adaptation of The Avengers is just adorable.
- The world of crowdfunding is full of projects that never quite deliver what they have promised, but how often does a half-million-dollar Kickstarter simply disappear?
- This week’s Humble Bundle focuses on the games of Square Enix. Pay just $1 and you’ll receive Thief Gold, Mini Ninjas, Daikatana, Hitman: Codename 47, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Anachronox. If you pay more than the average price,(currently $7.82) and you’ll also get Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: The Fall, Hitman: Absolution, Battlestations Midway and the Nosgoth Veteran Pack. Those who elect to pay $15 or more will also receive Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut, Just Cause 2, Lara Croft: Guardian of Light, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. As always, you can choose who gets the lion’s share of your money: Humble Bundle, the developers or the nominated charity. For more online deals, check out our Hump Day Bargains post.
- At 1200 miles wide, Mir Mine in Eastern Siberia is one of the largest man-made holes on the Earth’s surface. Here’s a gallery.
- Feeling glum? Here are 12 ways Game Of Thrones can make you feel better about your life.
The Cheapest NBN50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.