Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Watch an extended five-minute trailer to Guardians Of The Galaxy, inside the biggest man-made hole on Earth, get six Square Enix video games for $1.
- Marvel has released an extended five-minute trailer for its upcoming galactic superhero romp, Guardians Of The Galaxy. Watch it here.
- In other Marvel news, this 8-bit video game adaptation of The Avengers is just adorable.
- The world of crowdfunding is full of projects that never quite deliver what they have promised, but how often does a half-million-dollar Kickstarter simply disappear?
- This week’s Humble Bundle focuses on the games of Square Enix. Pay just $1 and you'll receive Thief Gold, Mini Ninjas, Daikatana, Hitman: Codename 47, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Anachronox. If you pay more than the average price,(currently $7.82) and you’ll also get Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: The Fall, Hitman: Absolution, Battlestations Midway and the Nosgoth Veteran Pack. Those who elect to pay $15 or more will also receive Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Just Cause 2, Lara Croft: Guardian of Light, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. As always, you can choose who gets the lion’s share of your money: Humble Bundle, the developers or the nominated charity. For more online deals, check out our Hump Day Bargains post.
- At 1200 miles wide, Mir Mine in Eastern Siberia is one of the largest man-made holes on the Earth’s surface. Here's a gallery.
- Feeling glum? Here are 12 ways Game Of Thrones can make you feel better about your life.