Brief news items for Lifehacker readers, including: Victoria's Secret fashion show highlights, get 20 per cent off store wide at Supercheap Auto this Saturday, Taiwan game expo weirdness.
- Last week, I attended the official Asian launch of World Of Tanks: Blitz in Taipei, Taiwan. While the event was pretty low key, the booth babes were anything but.
- Supercheap Auto is knocking 20 per cent off all stock this Saturday. The deal applies to both in-store and online purchases. (Excludes gift cards, non-stock products ordered in-store or through Parts Guide, and navigation units.)
- Because it's Friday, here are this week's hottest celebrity Instagram pics; as voted by POPSUGAR Australia. Some of you might also be interested in their Victoria's Secret fashion show gallery.
- Remote control cars are awesome: especially when they can reach speeds of 315kph. Click here to see the video.
- Amazon's Free Android App of the Day does exactly what it says on the tin. Today's deal is for Grill-It!, an interactive cooking app that contains detailed instructions and recipes for grilling beef, lamb, seafood and poultry dishes.
- In more depressing foodie news, researchers from the of University of Missouri-Columbia have discovered that plants can "hear" when they are being eaten. In the study, plants responded to the specific sounds caterpillars make when eating them, with the noises prompting them into putting up additional defenses. That's your cue to feel bad, vegans.