You may have heard that we've teamed up with VMware to find one Lifehacker reader to become our ‘IT Survivor’ blogger — and write for us from Queensland's tropical Magnetic Island! It's an amazing competition (enter here), and in this post we’ve got more to give away — two Dell Chromebook 11s! To enter, simply tell us what remote work challenges you’d like to see our ‘IT Survivor’ try on the island. Easy!
THE PRIZE! We have two Dell Chromebook 11s to give away — one each to the two best challenges submitted. Each is valued at $427.25.
One total entry per person, but you can include as many questions as you like.
How To Enter
Simply fill out the form below, answering the key question: "What remote work challenges you’d like to see our ‘IT Survivor’ try on the island?"
We encourage you to draw on your own workplace challenges/issues when suggesting ideas. Here are some examples to fuel your creative fires:
• Technology challenges: - "Log into a secure corporate ERP system using the virtual desktop — not just a standard desktop app." - "Use the virtual desktop to manage remote IT infrastructure."
• Locational challenges like “Perform a task from the middle of the National Park." or even
• Personal challenges like "See if you can make your performance of a regular daily task 20 per cent faster during the week."
Competition Closed! Good Luck!
• Competition closes 2pm AEST Monday 30 June. Winners will be announced on site / contacted via email within 24 hours.
• Entry open to residents of Australia and New Zealand over 18 years only. Full terms and conditions.
So last week I took a quick trip to Magnetic Island off Townsville for a test drive of the IT Survivor challenge we're running with VMware, where one reader will get to spend 6 nights staying on the tropical island while testing out the capabilities of Horizon 6. This is what I learned from the experience — lessons you can use even if you're not lounging around enjoying an ocean view.