Windows: If you have multiple monitors, you know that Windows only scratches the surface in terms of optimising them. DisplayFusion, the awesome utility that improves multiple monitors, just updated with many more features.
The new features include, according to DisplayFusion's website:
- Added the ability to combine monitors for spanning wallpaper, while still using a different image on other monitors
- Added an Alt+Tab Handler, allowing you to show only windows on current monitor, or all monitors
- Added the ability to switch audio devices via the tray menu, key combinations, or automatically by assigning them to Monitor Profiles
- New Windows 8 Tweaks: Disable Lock Screen Image, Configure Lock Screen Monitor Timeout, Toggle Aero Shake, Toggle Hot Corners
- New Function: Minimize Window to System Tray (Ctrl + Win + T by default)
- New Wallpaper Source: Load from URL (can now refresh the image on a timer)
- Wallpaper is now lossless in Windows 8.1 (much better quality)
- Settings that require elevation are now applied using DisplayFusionService (no more UAC prompts for Windows Logon Background!)
- Added a "Launch as Administrator" option for taskbar shortcuts
- New Advanced Setting for changing automatic settings backup location
- 38 languages bundled (if you'd like to help translate DisplayFusion into your language, please contact us)
- Many performance, stability and bug fixes
That's a whole lot of stuff. If you've already purchased DisplayFusion, version 6.0 is a free upgrade. If you haven't, DisplayFusion is available for 50 per cent off until June 30, so go check it out! It's well worth it if you have multiple monitors.
DisplayFusion 6.0 Now Available! [DisplayFusion Blog]