YouTuber Grant Thompson, AKA the "King of Random", is back with another video compilation of household hacks that will make sure you corral that mess of plastic shopping bags you've saved, light your BBQ without lighter fluid, dial in the right shower temperature, and more.
- Use Doritos (or other chips) to start a fire: When we wrote about this one, we used Doritos. Thompson uses Pringles. Both work great, and burn hot and slow enough to light a grill or start a fire without smelly lighter fluid.
- Peel a kiwi fruit with a spoon: Just slice off the top, slide the spoon between the flesh and the skin, and run the spoon around the body of the kiwi to separate the fruit until it pops right out.
- Add emergency contact information to your phone's home or lock screen: If your phone is lost, putting a photo or image of your contact information, including your email address and alternate phone number, on the home or lock screen may boost your chances of a good Samaritan contacting you to give it back.
- Punch or cut in the tabs on the sides of a roll of foil or plastic wrap for easier rolling: Many boxes of wrap have these already, but if yours doesn't, grab a knfe and cut them in yourself. Then pop the tabs in and watch as the roll stays put while you pull off the wrap or foil you need.
- Roll your plastic bags and use an old container as a dispenser: If you roll your used plastic shopping bags up end-to-end, you can drop them into an old wet wipes container or any plastic tube and pull them out one at a time when you need them.
There are a few others in the video above worth checking out as well, and there are demonstrations of each of these. Hit the Instructables link below to check out more photos from each of these tips, too.
10 Life-Changing Life Hacks - You Can Try Right Now! [Instructables]