Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: the best Steam Sale gaming bargains, the angriest anti-Foxtel rant you'll ever hear, scientists discover that spiders kill and eat fish too.
- The Steam "Summer Sale" is back to bankrupt us for another year. If you're not sure what to pick, head over to Kotaku to read the Allure Media team's personal recommendations.
- In other gaming news, The Sims FreePlay has received a new update that allows your Sims to build their own carnival: complete with kissing booths and giant Ferris wheels. It's available for free on Android or iOS.
- Game Of Thrones fan and Youtube blogger OzzyMan is more than a bit miffed at Foxtel for locking up the show in an exclusivity deal. In this hilarious, profanity-filled video, he explains exactly why he hates Foxtel in brutal detail. (Swearing ensues, obviously.)
- The Net was a 1995 movie starring Sandra Bullock about the sinister off-roads of the super information highway. Watched today, it provides a fascinating insight into early browsing interfaces and webpages. Gizmodo has captured every scene from the movie that features a computer screen. Click here to see the gallery.
- This week, Coldplay filmed a music video in the streets of Newtown, NSW. It's surprisingly unterrible.
- Because it's Friday, here are this week's best celebrity selfies on Instagram, courtesy of POPSUGAR Australia.
- Also because it's Friday, here are the 14 hottest players in the 2014 World Cup. Phwoar! Etc.
- As if spiders weren't terrifying enough already, scientists have discovered that they also hunt fish. "We provide evidence that fish predation by semi-aquatic spiders is geographically widespread, occurring on all continents except Antarctica." Click here for a horrible photo.