Lifehacker readers know that working from home or the road is more important than ever, and to showcase this, Lifehacker is looking for one reader to become our “IT Survivor” blogger. To celebrate the launch of VMware Horizon 6 — which allows organisations to deliver virtualised or remote desktops and applications through a single platform – we’ll be sending one reader and their significant other (or friend) to beautiful Magnetic Island in Queensland. Pretty awesome, right? Entering is easy…
VMware Horizon was built to address the demand for remote working, while also helping businesses manage enterprise data and security. Horizon 6, VMware’s latest Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), adds key new features like Horizon View with long-requested application publishing support. Virtual SAN and Hybrid Cloud have also been added to easily deploy virtual desktops in whatever combination suits your fancy. Download a free trial of Horizon 6 here.
How To Enter
Simply fill out the form below, answering the key question:
“What is your biggest barrier to working remotely?”
Example: Cannot access all my applications, too slow, not secure
We’re looking for interesting responses and stories based on situations your team and colleagues have found themselves in. Tales from the trenches as it were. We also need to see you can string some well-considered words together.
Too busy to take a holiday? Simply select the secondary prize option in the form below. The shiny new Dell Chromebook 11 (valued at $427.25) could be yours! (One total entry per person, so choose wisely).
We’re also planning a side competition to give you extra opportunities to win a Dell Chromebook 11 over the next few weeks — stay tuned for more details.
Competition Closed! Good Luck!
By entering to become our IT Survivor blogger, you agree:
• To be available to fly and ferry to Magnetic Island, Queensland for six nights from a Monday to Saturday of your choosing, between 7 July and 9 August, returning home on the Sunday. Your significant other will join you on Friday of that week for the weekend. Are you both ready to beat the winter blues?
• To write three blog posts based on your experience and undertake some remote working challenges set by Lifehacker and VMware (one per day for three days).
For these posts, you will be asked to take some photos and record a brief accompanying “video blog” with a camera person.
This content, along with an interview of your overall experience with Lifehacker, will be used by both Lifehacker and VMware.
• Major prize includes return economy class flights from your nearest Australian capital city, for you and your significant other, hotel/resort stay over 6 nights for you (2 nights from Friday that same week for your significant other), and combined $300 spending money per day.
Winner’s total minimum prize value (if Magnetic Island trip is selected as preferred prize): $3750.
• You also agree to organise your own travel insurance (none is supplied) and to sign the Lifehacker reader blogger Code of Conduct.
• Competition closes 2pm AEST Monday 30 June. Winners will be announced on site / contacted via email within 24 hours.
• Entry open to residents of Australia and New Zealand over 18 years only. Full terms and conditions.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.