The newest version of XBMC, the kickass customisable media center software, is here — with lots of new features for desktop and mobile users alike.
XBMC 13 has a laundry list of new features and improvements, including:
- Improved speed on Android and the Raspberry Pi, as well as Android hardware decoding;
- Support for 3D movies in SBS, TAB, anaglyph, and interlaced formats;
- Gesture controls for video playback and navigation on touch screen devices’
- Improved UPnP sharing, including advanced library browsing and the ability to “send” a video to play on another device;
- Improvements to audio on all platforms, better support on Linux;
- Simpler, tiered settings for beginners and experts, along with descriptions of what each setting does.
Hit the link for the full rundown on new features, and important notes on upgrading. Remember — back up your system before you upgrade (especially if you use a lot of add-ons)!
XBMC 13.0 Gotham Rises [XBMC Blog]