Even if you love your job, your weekly routine can feel monotonous. If you find yourself 'working for the weekend', weblog Asian Efficiency recommends creating "spikes" of exciting activities during the week.
Photo by sunshinecity.
Your standard work routine can get boring fast, but here's some tips on things you can do to liven up your same ol' day-to-day:
All week, what they're looking forward to is Friday night drinks at the pub -- this is their only exciting "spike" for the week. But the truth is, you can create your own spikes.
- Getting together with a friend for lunch during the week.
- Having one night where you indulge in your favourite TV show.
- Planning a weekend getaway every quarter.
- Randomly and impulsively attending a gallery opening or a new attraction in town.
- Doing a crazy work challenge on a boring activity -- and seeing how much of it you can take.
These are just a few tips, but anything that sounds exciting to you is game. The key is to "spike" your week with things that are different. Changing up your routine can rejuvenate you and can make the boring things that you have to get done seem a lot less mundane.
Why Boring Tasks are Important… And How to Get Through Them [Asian Efficiency]