Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Get a net.au domain name from AusRegisty for $1, inside Sydney's new gaming bar, get 50% off Myers products.
Gamer bar picture from Shutterstock
- There are still five days to snag a net.au domain name from AusRegisty for just $1. The $1 net.au domain name sale is aimed at Australian bloggers who are looking to move on from Facebook, Blogger or Tumblr and businesses that missed out on a com.au name. Click here for more information.
- Exactly how do Macs and PCs differ? Click here to see computer scientists Professor Tom Rodden drop his truth bombs on those assembled.
- Plans are well underway for Sydney's new gaming bar, dubbed Spawn Point. Head over to Kotaku to see the first photos.
- Some iPhone, iPad and Mac users are reporting their devices have been compromised, with a message appearing that locks owners out and demands a US$100 ransom be sent to the hackers over PayPal. Read the full story at Gizmodo.
- Julian Glover is currently doddering about on Game Of Thrones as Grand Maester Pycelle. But the British thesp has a long and geeky acting lineage, with roles in everything from The Empire Strikes Back to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Myer is offering 50 per cent off Myer Exclusive Brands (MEBs) as part of its Friends and Family Sale. The deal is for this Thursday only. [Via OzBargain]