Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: The Australian Pirate Party to fight new anti-piracy laws, Oculus Rift bird simulator, Big W throws huge clearance sale across all categories.
- Meet the men who are seriously building time machines. No really.
- The Australian Pirate Party has vowed to fight the government's anti-piracy site blocking plan. The Pirate Party is calling on the Senate to reject any proposition that would include enacting graduated “three-strike” systems, while also calling for the rejection of measures that would block websites from Australia. Read the full story here.
- The possibilities presented by the virtual reality headset Oculus Rift just keep on coming -- here's an elaborate contraption that lets the user experience life as a bird. Bless.
- The five most popular cars in Australia are currently petrol-powered. That all looks set to change in the coming years as electric-powered vehicles go from strength to strength. Head to Gizmodo for a taste of what's on the horizon.
- Watch 22 years of Mario Kart games in under two minutes.
- BigW has slashed prices on a range of products including toys, men and women clothing, sporting goods and electronics. [Via OzBargain]